Common symptoms: blurred vision, pupil whitening, macular edema, eye muscle dysfunction or disappearance
Single or bilateral, the incidence of two eyes may have, progressive vision loss, due to lens cortical opacity caused by different parts of the lens refractive power may have glare, or monocular diplopia, increased myopia, cataract symptoms often due to type Different, different course of the disease vary, the following several cases the most common:
1. blurred vision: cataract mainly caused by lens opacity, the patient first manifested as blurred vision, due to the different position of the lens opacity can be light and heavy. Congenital cataract mainly in the poor vision can not be corrected.
2. Shadow: At first happened to find a fixed front of the shadow, can not erase. With the blurred vision to increase the shadow but not obvious, but the vision decreased significantly.
3. Myopia: the patient found the original reading glasses lighter or not with reading glasses. This is due to crystal hardening of crystalline myopia.
4. Monocular multi-view: is due to the lens caused by irregular astigmatism. Especially in the darker pupil relative scattered, such as night to see the moon when the street is easy to find.
5. Outdoor sun vision is poor, the room is relatively dark place: seen in nuclear cataracts. As the pupil of the light down, the line of sight is blocked.
Clinical manifestations of congenital cataract:
1. symptoms of infants and young children cataract main symptoms of white pupil disease. Neonatal pupil after birth with white reflection called white pupil disease, one of the most common is congenital cataract, incomplete cataract is often low vision, strabismus, nystagmus and other abnormal treatment. 2. signs (1) visual function tests, varying degrees of vision decreased, but should have a light response. (2) the crystal was in various forms of turbidity, with total cataract, nuclear cataract, around the nuclear cataract, the former very posterior cataract, corolla cataract, suture cataract, point cataract and so on. (3) can be secondary strabismus, nystagmus. (4) can be complicated by other common eye abnormalities, such as small eye cornea, no iris, permanent hyperplasia of the original vitreous (PHPV), retinal choroidal lesions.
Clinical manifestations of senile cataracts:
The occurrence and development of senile cataract as a slow process, in clinical, can be divided into four periods. Each period of the symptoms and performance vary, four stages are as follows:
Beginning period: turbidity began to occur in the peripheral part of the crystal superficial cortical, was spoke-like turbidity, the central part of the crystal relative to maintain a transparent, so no significant visual impairment, visual acuity can be normal or close to normal, generally no Eye drops, eye pain and other symptoms of discomfort. During this period, the patient is often unaware or aware of the occurrence of cataracts, most of them are found in the eye examination when the cataract was found. This period of progress is very slow, which can last for several years.
Immature period: also known as expansion period. Patients consciously visual fatigue, depending on the material hazy, may have glare, color circle and multi-view of the symptoms, under the light pupil narrowing, vision can be slightly improved. With the progressive development of crystal turbidity, vision is also correspondingly diminishing, vision gradually reduced to only 0.1 or 0.1 below, until the work of difficulties, the action is extremely inconvenient. This period may be due to excessive expansion of the crystal, blocking the anterior chamber angle and increased intraocular pressure complications, known as the crystal expansion glaucoma.
Maturity: cloudy development to the entire crystal, vision is extremely diminished, can only identify the number of fingers or hand swing or not, the basic loss of self-care ability.
Over maturity: the crystal further dehydration, the volume decreases, the surface of the capsule shrinkage, and thinning, the crystal within the cortex liquefaction, as milky milky chili, crystal nucleus sinking. This period may occur crystal solubility of glaucoma, increased symptoms of intraocular pressure.
Clinical manifestations of complicated cataract:
1. Occasional lesions caused by concurrent cataract
(1) iridocyclitis is the most common cause of concurrent cataract, typical turbidity can occur in the posterior part of the lens, but also common in the posterior iris adhesion. Disease progress is slow, such as local inflammation to be controlled, turbidity can be long-term stability without development. In the repeated episodes of chronic cases, in addition to extensive iris adhesion, often combined with thickening or shrinkage of the lens capsule, sometimes in the pupil area to form a pupil membrane closure, opacity began in the anterior capsule, To.
(2) heterochromatic iritis 70% of the occurrence of cataract, which is due to inflammation or sympathetic nervous disorder or degeneration caused by lens opacity first posterior cortex and the surrounding minutia, gradually spread to the entire lens, the speed of development called other Iris ciliaryitis caused by cataract is fast.
(3) acute glaucoma of the anterior capsule under the border of the clear gray spots were dumbbells or irregular round, no progress, like scattered on the ground of lime pulp, a glaucoma spot. The spots are necrotic in the lens epithelium.
(4) absolute glaucoma due to high intraocular pressure, extensive intraocular degeneration and nutritional disorders, resulting in lens nucleus turbidity, slow development.
(5) glaucoma surgery will promote the formation of cataracts, is still a controversial issue, some people think that due to sudden reduction in intraocular pressure or nutritional disorders can occur after cataracts.
(6) severe corneal ulcer complicated by cataracts are the front pupil area turbidity, was conical, under the capsule. Infant corneal ulcer perforation, adult creeping corneal ulcers, can be caused by the dispersion of toxins and damage to the lens, or in the lens after the direct contact with the cornea caused.
(7) intraocular tumor toxicity products can lead to rapid disappearance of the lens opacity, ciliary melanoma compression of the lens, in the compression of local occurrence of turbidity.